Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Money Cards

I have a Visa-card. I tend to use it a lot. Being an easily distracted person I usually forget to withdraw money from cash machines and is therefore forced to pay with my card instead. I don't really mind doing that as long as I am not charged for the service. For me as a person, living without cash is quite convenient. Especially if I go travelling. The big debit/credit-cards work all over the world and relieves me from the task of changing enough money to get by during an entire visit. If I haven't exchanged enough I simply pay with my card. Or use it in a cash machine to get more.

However, there are drawbacks. A couple of years ago an evil person stole my card during a trip to France. This was just a couple of days before I was to return to Sweden so I still needed the card. I was quite happy then that I had been clever enough to bring with me a second card connected to another account. I blocked my stolen card and continued my journey with the other one. If I hadn't brought that card I would have been in trouble because I have become totally dependent on it. However, I do find the card to be a very useful invention.

No comments: